The CEME Mission
The Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education addresses the continuum of mathematics education from kindergarten through college. Our focus is primarily on enhancing content and pedagogy of pre-service and in-service teachers, with the ultimate goal of improving readiness for college level mathematics among students in the Inland Empire. The following activities will support these goals:
1) Create and sustain partnerships with schools, districts, and local counties
2) Provide ongoing coherent teacher professional development programs, as well as self-contained workshops and institutes.
3) Build leadership capacity in local schools and districts.
4) Assist teachers in earning their California teaching credential.
5) Provide supportive resources for local teachers to enrich instruction and to fill in knowledge gaps. Begin this process while students are undergraduates.
6) Provide incentives and mentoring for pre-service teachers to work in low-performing schools
7) Develop and offer seminars on teaching strategies for TA’s, part-time faculty and full time faculty at CSUSB and other interested institutions.
8) Raise funds to carry out the activities described above.
The focus of the Inland Counties Mathematics Project is to increase teacher mathematical and pedagogical content knowledge, while developing capacity by increasing teacher leadership.
Our primary goals are to:
- Lead teachers to a deeper understanding of mathematics,
- Increase teacher pedagogical knowledge,
- Develop a passion for mathematics that is exemplified in teacher practice
- Make mathematics relevant to teachers and thus their students. ICMP focuses on students with diverse backgrounds, and recognizes that besides meeting teachers' content and credentialing needs, we will meet the needs of teaching diverse learners (economic, language, or ethnic).
The Inland Counties Mathematics Project is a site of the California Mathematics Project.
The CMP Mission
The goal of the California Mathematics Project is to
enhance the quality of California's K-12 mathematics education by
increasing teachers' mathematical content knowledge and pedagogical
content knowledge, and by supporting and developing leadership skills.
Join our Email List to be notified about all upcoming activities.
Issues with this page please contact webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org